Terms & Conditions
You, the pupil, must promptly make clearly known to your instructor any medical condition or other effect that may impair your ability to drive, whereupon your instructor will take the appropriate action to conform to his/her legal or moral obligations.
If you, the pupil wishes to cancel or rearrange a lesson then 48 hours notice is required, otherwise the pupil will be charged for the period booked. There will be no cancellation fee if a pupil needs to cancel a lesson if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19, however there will be no lessons taken for a further 14 days.
• If you or anyone in their household becomes unwell and has symptoms.
• If you believe you may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms.
• If you become unwell and are showing symptoms or if anyone in your household is showing symptoms.
• Ensure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, in line with Government guidance, immediately before leaving the house for their lesson. If you want to wear disposable gloves, to put them on just before getting into the car.
• Once I arrive to collect you, I will again assess whether they are well enough to start the lesson. We will have a conversation with each other at least 2 metres away and see if I notice any symptoms & we will meet by the vehicle not at your front door.
• I the instructor we need to be 100% happy with your state and if not, we will not start the lesson until you have recovered fully.
• I will inform you that I have also just cleaned my hands with hand sanitizer, or soap and water where possible.
• Between lessons I will have cleaned down door handles inside and out, windows and mirror controls, seat and head restraints, seatbelt and its connection, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, car keys and training resources.
• The windows will be down as much as possible during the lesson to allow for ventilation, and you will need to wrap up warm as it might be cooler in the car.
• After the lesson ensure to wash your hands as soon as you get back into your house.
• If you the pupil contracts the coronavirus, Happy 2 Pass will not be liable for prosecution.
• Wearing a face covering is now mandatory for a driving test, you will need to wear a face covering. So for your driving lesson you must bring and wear a face covering, as i will also be wearing one (if you forget i will have a small supply), unless you have a good reason not to. This includes if:
you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
you need to remove it during your test to avoid harm or injury or the risk of harm or injury to yourself or others
You need to say if you have a good reason not to wear a face covering when you/we arrange your lesson/test.
• Risk assessment has been done for each pupil www.happy2pass.co.uk/risk-assessment
• If a pupil develops a persistent cough, or shows symptoms of COVID-19 during the lesson, then the lesson will be immediately terminated and the pupil will be taken home, a charge for the lesson may-be payable if a lesson is terminated after it has started.
For the latest information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19). please visit ww.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
I may, without incurring any liability to you, cancel a booked a lesson at any time before the start time of that lesson, where either:
• Due to my illness, unavailability of a suitable vehicle, or other reason behind beyond my reasonable control, I am not available or able to provide the lesson fully or properly. If I cancel a lesson in such circumstances, I will refund to you in full any advance payment that you have made to me for that lesson; or
• I have reason to believe that you are not fit to drive at the time of the lesson due to any factors including, but not limited to, alcohol, drugs (whether prescribed or otherwise), illness or other medical condition. If I cancel the lesson for such reason, I shall be entitled, at my discretion, either to charge you for that lesson or not to do so but in deciding whether to charge you I shall act was reasonably.
Happy 2 Pass has no responsibility if a driving test is cancelled by the DVSA for any reason or if the pupil fails the eyesight test. Happy 2 Pass will be responsible and will reimburse the pupil 's costs if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the test vehicle. A separate charge is made for the use of the training car during a driving test. The pupil may be permitted to use the training car for their driving test only if the instructor is satisfied that they have reached the required standard. The DVSA rules do not allow pupils to take driving tests for experience.
The pupil agrees to pay the cost of uninsured damage to the vehicle and any other non-recoverable costs incurred during a driving test.
When pre-payments have not been made, then payments for lessons are due at the beginning of each lesson. Payments can be made by cash on the day or bank transfer the day before.
Pre-payments of lessons are not refundable, but only in exceptional circumstances it will be up to Happy 2 pass driving school’s discretion. Happy 2 Pass will impose a 1% daily surcharge on chargeable lessons that remain unpaid after 30 days. The surcharge will be calculated from the date of the first unpaid lesson.
If the pupil is not present at the arranged meeting point the instructor will wait for 10 minutes, after this period if there is a no show of the pupil, the instructor will send a text message, leave and the pupil will be charged for the lesson.
Where the instructor may arrive slightly late for a lesson due to circumstances beyond his/her control, the instructor will make efforts to extend the finish time of the lesson by the same amount of time, or add the time on to the following lesson. If the instructor expects to be delayed by more than 15 minutes he will endeavour to contact the pupil to inform of the delay.
The pupil is legally responsible for any penalty notices incurred while they are driving the car.
These terms and conditions were revised and valid from March 2021. I may from time to time change these terms and conditions without giving you notice, but I will use my reasonable endeavours to inform you as soon as is reasonably possible of any such changes.
It is hoped that the pupil should not find any cause for complaint, but in the event of a complaint the pupil should try to resolve the issue with the instructor. If an agreement cannot be reached the pupil may take the complaint to the ADI registrar, DVSA PO Box 349 Newcastle-Upon-Tyne NE12 2GN firstname.lastname@example.org
Your instructor is committed to supplying a high standard of structured tuition and welcomes any constructive comments regarding the service you receive.
All personal information that I may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulations 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and your rights under the GDPR. For completing details of our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable).
Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct is a statement of what can be expected from your Driving Instructor and should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of Happy 2 Pass Driving School.
An Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) is registered by the DVSA to provide driving lessons and issued with a badge which must be displayed in the car at all times that a driving lesson is conducted.
The badge includes a picture and name of the Driving Instructor, and the registration number and expiry date.
The Driving Instructor, as far as is practicable, will at all times comply with all regulations and legislation relating to, but not limited to, discrimination, data protection, trading standards, workplace and road safety.
The Driving Instructor will, at all times, behave in a professional manner, and treat the Client with respect and consideration.
The Driving Instructor will, as far as is practicable, update and maintain their knowledge and skills on all matters relating to the provision of driver training to comply with current practice and legislative requirements.
On or before the first lesson the Driving Instructor will ensure the Client, and Parent or Legal Guardian if the Client is under 18 years of age, is informed of the Terms & Conditions of Happy 2 Pass Driving School and will explain the various lesson packages available to the Client.
The Driving Instructor will not make any claim or statement in regard to lesson requirements, test pass rates or references from former pupils that cannot be substantiated with supportive evidence.
The Driving Instructor is entitled to expect the Client to behave in a reasonable and non-discriminatory manner during driving lessons and will terminate the lesson if the Client acts in a violent or aggressive manner.